- 2 lbs. Mussels
- ¾ Cup Water
- Coarse Salt for Baking Dish
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- ¾ Cup Ground Almond
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Parmesan, Grated
- 1 Bunch Parsley, Chopped Fine
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano, Fresh
- Sea Salt to Taste
1. Start by heating your oven to 450, and then rinse and clean your mussels using cold water.
2. get out a large pot, and then heat your water, adding in your mussels. Bring it to a boil and cover, cooking for five to six minutes.
3. Use a pierced ladle to transfer them to a bowl, but reserve the cooking liquid. Remove half of the shell, and allow for the other half to hold the mussel.
4. Get out a baking pan, and sprinkle with thick salt, laying your mussels over it, and pour in some liquid.
5. Get out a bowl and mix together your olive oil, ground almonds, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt, and parmesan, dividing it over the mussels evenly.
6. Bake for fifteen minutes before serving hot.