- 2 Eggplants
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Cups Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- 1 ½ Cups Marinara Sauce
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Sea Salt to Taste
- 1 Tomato, Sliced
- Basil, Fresh & Chopped to Garnish
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper to Taste
1. Start by heating your oven to 350, and then get outa baking tray. Line it with aluminum foil, and then grease it using a tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Slice your eggplant into thin slices, and then use a paper towel to get rid of excess moisture. Sprinkle your slices with salt, and then transfer them to a baking tray.
3. Bake your slices for three minutes before flipping them over, and then cook for another three minutes. Take the tray from the oven and set your slices aside without turning the oven off.
4. Take your casserole dish and grease it with another tablespoon of olive oil, and then add 1/3 of the marinara sauce, adding in your parmesan cheese. A layer of eggplants goes next, and then add in your mozzarella. Repeat until all ingredients except some parmesan are in your dish. Top with a layer of tomatoes and a final layer of parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with black pepper.
5. Fake for twenty minutes. Your cheese should turn a golden brown, and then take your casserole dish from the oven. Allow your dish to cool before topping with basil and serving warm.